United Fisheries is a 100% New Zealand owned family business, based in Christchurch. We are directly involved in catching, processing, wholesaling and the marketing of our products
In our purpose built facilities we process:
- Wild caught fish (a Sustainable Fishing Resource harvested from the clean, crystal clear waters of New Zealand, according to the New Zealand Quota Management System), and
- Greenshell™ Mussels, grown on our farms in the Marlborough Sounds.
United Fisheries market our products:
- Since 1974 we have run a daily fresh fish Auction supplying the local fish & chip shops and restaurants in Christchurch.
- Supplies of fresh and frozen fish are transported around New Zealand to the hospitality and supermarket industries.
- Our range of imported seafood products from around the world is stocked by fish retailers and supermarkets around New Zealand.
- We export our range of frozen fish and Greenshell™ Mussels around the world.
- United Fisheries also utilise the by-products from our fish processing factory to produce our Bio Marinus range of Liquid Fish Fertilisers, and our Nutri Zing range of Dietary Supplements.