There is so much to learn!
The Pop Up Penguins Learning Programme is open to primary, intermediate and high schools in Canterbury.
This is an exciting opportunity for schools to be involved in a citywide art event, create their very own work of art to be viewed by thousands of trail followers and keep the sculpture in their school for years to come!
As part of the programme we provide a cross curricular learning resource pack, with lesson plans, classroom templates and activities, aimed at children between 5 and 18 years of age. Our resources pack has been developed in collaboration with our Learning Programme Partners:
- International Antarctic Centre
- Antarctica New Zealand
- Council of Managers of National Antarctic Programs
- Gateway Antarctica
- College of Education, Health and Human Development, at the University of Canterbury
When signing up to the Pop Up Penguins Learning Programme, a school will receive:
- A little penguin sculpture (1 metre high) for your school to design and decorate
- A cross-curricular learning resource pack, with lesson plans, classroom templates and activities
- Exhibition of your school penguin in a high-profile, city-wide art trail (sculpture will feature on the app and website, plus a listing on the trail map)
- Invitations and opportunities for Pop Up Penguins events and activities created specifically for schools involved in the project
- A Schools Co-ordinator who will help you get the most out of your participation in the project
- Your sculpture returned to keep forever at the end of the trail